7 things you should know about me
1. I constantly listen to movie scores. It’s a weird obsession of mine, but seriously, listen to Hans Zimmer’s “Honor Him” from The Gladiator, or Dario Marianelli’s “Dawn” from Pride and Prejudice, and tell me that it’s not one of the most beautiful things you’ve ever heard. Or listen to the soundtrack to The King’s Speech. That one’s brilliant.
2. On that note, I constantly listen to music. I probably look like I’m addicted to my phone, but it’s only because I always listen to music on my phone. I read a study once that said that people who listen to a lot of music are more depressed than people who don’t, but I think that’s completely backwards. People who are depressed listen to music, because like Aldous Huxley said, “After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.” And I guess Aldous Huxley was pretty brilliant or something like that… I mean he just wrote Brave New World.
3. I am actually awful at geography. Point at one of the squarish states in the middle of the US, and I can assure you that 99% of the time I will get it wrong. We can actually throw in navigation with this category. GPS devices really confuse me.
4. Apple Inc. Ahhhh, I love you. Combining innovative technology with sophisticated and sleek designs. What’s not to love about Apple? Without Apple we would all be listening to music on Windows Media Player with those awful special effect firework things in the background. I cried when Steve Jobs died.
5. I guess I cry a lot. I tear up when things are sad, sweet, funny. Ask my sister, I cried in the theaters during the preview for Despicable Me 2. The little minions singing were so cute that I actually cried. There’s probably something wrong with the dopamine and serotonin levels in my brain or something.
6. I’m very religious. I don’t ever shove my religion down anyone’s throat, but if you want to ask me about it, I’d love to share what I believe.
7. I’m so fearful of mediocrity. I’m scared that I won’t get into med school. No one’s ever pushed me or forced me to want this, but it’s what I want the most.